Chear & Dear

Monday, May 11, 2020

Poppies & Hummingbirds

I do not sew.
Or so I said.
This stay-at-home order has had me checking out Pinterest.
I discovered a video tutorial to make a cosmetic bag.
I decided to try it because it didn't look very difficult.


I had always told Rachel she can have the sewing machine!
I'll take care of the computer stuff.
I learned that it's sewing clothing that I dislike.
This project was actually fun!
Wouldn't this make a nice gift for someone?


You can make the bag and 4 matching cards.
All you need is two fat quarters of fabric
(one for the outside of the bag and one for the lining),
fusible interfacing, a zipper (and a sewing machine, of course),


and you could make a bag and 4 matching cards to give as a gift.
You can find all these supplies (except for the sewing machine! 😉) at the Farmhouse.

Rachel made cards using these fabrics.





She also used this fabric on some cards.



She used these dies on some of the cards.



They add a delicate edging to the cards.

Here are the insides of the cards.


I love how adding fabric/color to the inside just gives it a pop.

So, have you discovered and/or created anything new
during this shutdown?
We'd love to see what you've created!

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment